Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!

It rained/stormed ALL night long. The last time I remember looking at the clock it was 3:00am and I was actually thinking about calling in sick...I didn't know how I would ever stay awake at work. Then the phone rang around 6:00, and it was someone letting us know that school was closed today due to flooding. Flooding? I can't remember EVER getting out of school as a child for flooding. We used to have "snow days." This is our second "flood day" of the year. I was so relieved that I could sleep in this morning. The kids were too funny. Around 10:30, I said "isn't it great to have a stay-home day?" And Jack says "you mean it's not Saturday?" They had not given any thought to the fact that we hadn't hopped out of bed and rushed off to school. I said "no Jack, it's Wednesday"...and Nathan says "WOO-HOO RAIN ROCKS", and they went about their business, playing Nintendo. It was really quite a lazy day. I'm glad to have caught up on much needed sleep but I did not get anything done around the house. Oh well, life goes on! The flooding subsided rather quickly and I think most of the damage around town was minor, so I'm thankful for that. I even saw the sun come out for a little while today. I had almost forgotton what it looked like! I hope I see more of it soon...I can't wait for summer. Today was just tease for those lazy days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment